Snack Attack: Baguette with Roasted Garlic and HerbsMarch 4, 2010
There’s nothing wrong with snacking. But if I’m going to have a snack, I’d really like it to have extra virgin olive oil, fresh herbs, roasted garlic, and kosher salt. Having all that piled on top of some nice crusty french baguette doesn’t hurt either.
Baguette with Roasted Garlic and Herbs
3/4″ slices french or sourdough baguette, sliced on the bias (for looks)
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh or dried thyme or other herbs.
2 cloves roasted garlic, per slice
Freshly cracked pepper
- Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over each slice of bread
- Sprinkle herbs generously. If using any large leafy herb such as sage or even rosemary (which isn’t leafy, I know), mince before sprinkling.
- Smash garlic gloves between your fingers and drop in small chunks roughly over the bread. You’re not spreading it gently here. Just drop big chunks all over.
- Top with kosher salt.
- Toast until dark and aromatic.
- Crack pepper over the top and serve. I put a small salad on the plate to pretend I’m eating healthfully.
Buon appetito, ragazzi.